Dokuz Eylül Technology Development Zone – DEPARK A.Ş.
Our Administrative Board
DEPARK-HEALTH THEMED TECHNOPARK
Dokuz Eylül University-Health Invention Campus
DEPARK STAKEHOLDERS / ECOSYSTEM
DEÜ-İzmir International Biomedicine and Genome Institute
DEÜ-Bioİzmir Health Technologies’ Accelerator
BAMBU Pre-Incubation Centre and Accelerator Programme
DETTO-Technology Transfer Office Coordination Centre and Services
Dokuz Eylul University
IZMIR-CAPITAL CITY OF INNOVATION
DOKUZ EYLUL TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT ZONE - DEPARK
DEPARK creates, accelerates and develops an ecosystem for entrepreneur candidates in the fields of Material Technologies, Technical Textiles, IoT as well as the fields of Environment and Energy, Health, Business Administration, Informatics, Transportation and other similar fields, which constitute the basic scope of Dokuz Eylul University’s R&I strategies.
As an Infrastructure Service Provider, DEPARK presents advantages and exemptions that are provided by offices and laws to the companies it hosts; moreover it contributes to service needs of companies and other ecosystem shareholders for their R&D (Research and Development) and Innovation-Based Researches together with the support of a group of specialists, who are employed in Dokuz Eylul University Technology Transfer Office (DETTO).
Due to Technology Developmental Regions Performance Index Studies of Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology, DEPARK got the:
· FIRST PLACE in year 2014
· SECOND PLACE in year 2015 among Technoparks (1-5 years); and
· Seventh place in year 2014
· Eighth place in year 2015 among other participants in overall Turkey.
DEPARK is providing service in two different locations: DEU Tinaztepe Campus (DEPARK Tinaztepe Technopark – TGB 1) and DEU İnciralti Health Campus (DEPARK Health Technopark – TGB 2)
We are offering service and incubation services to more than 60 Companies and Incubations on a total field of 17413 m2 in Dokuz Eylul University‘s Tinaztepe Campus, which also includes BAMBU Accelerator and Pre-Incubation Centre. Sectoral allocation of R&D and Innovation Studies is as follows:
· IoT, Software, Informatics,
· Automobile Technologies,
· Environment and Energy Technologies,
· Textile Technologies
· Logistics and Transportation Technologies
· Machines and Automation
We are offering service to more than 60 Companies and Incubations on a total field of 10487 m2 in Dokuz Eylul University‘s Balcova Campus, which also includes Incubation Centre. Sectoral allocation of R&D and Innovation Studies are as follow:
· Biomaterials and Nanotechnologies
· Translational Medicine,
· Bio Design,
· Health Informatics
TURKEY’s FIRST HEALTH THEMED TECHNOPARK-DEPARK
• Multidisciplinary Study Culture and Strong Background in the field of Medicine and Engineering in Dokuz Eylul University
• DEU Faculty of Medicine and relevant Institutes, Integrated Research Infrastructures such as Bioİzmir and iBG Izmir that support innovation process
• Creation of an Accelerator Infrastructure together with Bioİzmir and İBG by means of product development processes
• Presence of other university research infrastructures within the Region; and the potential for collaboration
• National and International Collaborations
• Efforts to create Accumulative Activity Fields within the region
• İzmir Development Agency – assignation of Health theme as the primary field during Developmental Plan
• Support of Public Organizations – Ministry of Health Izmir Region Northern Union of Hospitals – Bayraklı Integrated Health Campus
• Industrial potential in Health sector
Dokuz Eylul University – Health Innovation Campus
· DEPARK A.Ş. TGB -2 – R&D (Research and Development) Office Spaces assigned for Health related activities
· DEU Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Nursing, Faculty of Health Sciences
· Institute for Health Sciences
· Oncology Institute
· İzmir International Biomedicine and Genome Institute (İBG)
· High Schools and Vocational High Schools
· Health Services MYO (Vocational High School)
· Physical Treatment and Rehabilitation High school
· Sport Sciences and Technologies High School
· Bioİzmir Accelerator for Health Technologies
· There is a Research – Application Hospital with 1150 Beds
Bioİzmir Health Technologies Developer & Accelerator
Bioİzmir is located right at the heart of a fully integrated technopark, research centres, laboratories and academic education areas. Therefore, a company who wishes to create medicines can perform its studies from pilot production to phase studies without needing to venture outside. The need for academic support and trained researchers can also be satisfied in the same campus.
The "Creation of Infrastructure for Development of Biotechnologic Medicines, Pilot Production with Good Manufacturing Practices and Quality Control Analyses with Good Laboratory Practices" Project with a budget of TRY 20.500.000, which is supported by the Ministry of Development in scope of the research infrastructure support program, can also run in parallel with Bioİzmir project.
İzmir Health Technologies Development and Accelerator (Bioİzmir) Project aims to make İzmir a gateway for all essential elements of the "laboratory bench to patient bed" chain in health services, putting this philosophy into action with the concept of "one-stop-shop" to create an effect of "facilitation", "acceleration", "development", "coherence" and "collaboration" for both the industry and the academia in all phases from the idea to the product and market in the medical field.
BAMBU Pre-incubation Centre and Accelerator Program
BAMBU Incubation Centre in the TGB-1 Area DEPARK Alfa Building located in Dokuz Eylul University Tinaztepe Campus provides multiple runs of "Accelerator Programs" thought the year for the pre-incubation services required by aspiring entrepreneurs to commercialize their ideas.
For more information: https://bambu.depark.com
DETTO-Technology Transfer Office Coordination Centre and Services
Dokuz Eylül Technology Transfer Office (DETTO) services can be used through DEPARK. These services are provided in five main groups. Shortly, these include promotion, project development, intellectual and industrial property rights patenting and entrepreneurship services as well as consulting services regarding collaboration between universities and the industry. DEPARK provides an ecosystem providing the fundamental infrastructure needed for the process of creating qualified technological enterprises from R&D and innovative creative ideas.
DETTO provides its services in scope of TUBITAK 1513 Project under five main units on behalf of Dokuz Eylul University. These units in the project provide services in interaction with each other in the DETTO ecosystem in order to augment knowledge and transform it into technologies and products.
· Awareness, Promotion, Information and Education Unit Project Development and University-Industry Collaboration Unit
· Intellectual and Industrial Property Rights / Incorporation and
· Entrepreneurship Unit
o Pre-incubation and Incubation process
o Incorporation after Incubation Graduation
DOKUZ EYLUL UNIVERSITY
DEPARK is a technology development zone in which Dokuz Eylul University (DEU) is the majority shareholder. It constitutes the industry interface for the technologies created by the strong research infrastructure and academic expertise of DEU.
Since being founded on 20 July 1982, Dokuz Eylul University has contributed and continues to contribute to social development by the brain power it produces with its education institutions in wide ranging fields ranging from fine arts to engineering, from health to economy. Dokuz Eylul University is established on a widespread area in various campuses.
• Founding: 20 July 1982
• 15 Faculties
• 10 Institutes
• 6 Academies
• 4 Trade Schools
• 58 Research Application Centres
• More than 3000 researchers
• 70000 students
• 1 Conservatory
Dokuz Eylul University provides an education ecosystem with more than 3,000 researchers and more than 70,000 students. The university supports a large ecosystem containing wide ranging research and activities in all academic units. In this ecosystem, DEU provides distinctive services in health sector with the University Research and Practice Hospital, the Faculty of Medicine, the Medical Sciences Institute, the Medical Research Institutes (Oncology, İzmir Biomedicine and Genome Institute, etc.), the Health Technologies Accelerator (Bioİzmir) as well as other faculties and trade schools.
In regard of industry, DEU graduates engineers and serves to satisfy advanced engineering needs of the Aegean Region with MÜDEK (Engineering Training Programs Evaluation and Accreditation Foundation) as well as 11 engineering departments accredited by Eur-Ace and International Engineering Alliance/Washington Accord. In order to directly contribute to the R&D and innovation concepts making progress in Turkey and across the world, Dokuz Eylul University has established the Dokuz Eylul Technology Development Zone and zone manager "Dokuz Eylul Teknoloji Gelistirme A.Ş." (Dokuz Eylül Technology Development Inc.) in January 2013. The University has also established Dokuz Eylul Technology Transfer Office for creation of effective collaborations between academia, industry, technopark and public elements in this ecosystem.
İZMİR, CAPITAL CITY OF INNOVATION
As one of the prominent international trade cities of Turkey, İzmir enjoys the advantage of its geographical location in close proximity to many Near East and Middle East countries, as well as having the second largest port of Turkey. In regard of air transport, Izmir has the Adnan Menderes Airport located only 18 km from the city, situated on a crossroads of motorways and railways.
· HIGH LIVING STANDARDS: A fascinating place not only for work, but also for living! A history of 8500 years (two of the largest libraries of ancient world, the place where the first money was minted, etc.), natural beauty, social and cultural facilities, education and health services, around the year tourism, advanced urban commute infrastructure, Alaçatı Surf Centre, a host of world championships, as well as economic and high quality accommodation alternatives and high quality living spaces.
· SUCCESSFUL ECONOMY: İzmir is the 3rd largest city and the second largest commercial centre of Turkey. According to Global Metro Monitor 2014 Report issued by the Brookings Institute İzmir holds 2nd place among the fastest growing global metropolitan economies. Izmir is also preferred by many international companies, including Philip Morris, Hugo Boss, Akzo Nobel, Coca Cola, IBM, General Motors, Pratt&Whitney and Ericsson. Izmir has a total of 13 industrial zones, 2 free zones and 4 technology development zones.
o 4 milion citizens
o 43% down to 30 years old
o Lower labor costs compared to EU countries.
o International Integration
o Logistic bridge between North to South and East to West